Shoes are an important part of a girl’s wardrobe, so they should be carefully selected. There are different types of women’s shoes, so it can be hard to pick the right one. But, by taking the following four things into consideration, the choice will become easier:
• The wet test- the first thing that you need to do before going out to buy shoes is a simple technique in which you just have to properly wet the lower side of your feet, and to put it on a paper or a plastic mat so that it leaves a mark on it. This will provide guidance on two matters; the first one is how much stability your foot needs from the shoes, and the shoe size, as the size of your paw matters for the shoe to properly fit your feet.
Once you make an imprint, it might be of any one of the three types. There is normal foot which has a normal sized arch between the forefoot and the heel; in such case the shoes do not have to give extraordinary support, and you can wear high heel or stilettos. Similarly, you can have a small arch which is called flat foot or high arched foot. In this case the foot would require an additional support, and flats and pumps are the best women’s shoe choices for high arched feet.
• The balance- the balance of the shoes is really important, especially of high heel women’s shoes. Nothing should be more important than the balance of the shoe. What you should do is try both the shoes on, and walk in them for a few minutes. After doing so, stand straight and shift your weight forward and backward. If you hear a “tick” sound, even the slightest of it, then the balance of the shoes is not good, and will not be suitable for wearing for a long time, or when a lot of walking is involved.
• The occasion-there are different types of shoes that are right for different occasions. Flats are better when you are going for a walk, while stilettos are a better option for a formal event. Platforms or court shoes are perfect if you are an office going woman; similarly a certain type of shoe is fit for every occasion. You need to decide which shoes will be perfect for the day. The best way to decide is to imagine somebody else wearing them, and think about your perception of them.
• Comfort- women’s shoes should be comfortable, and make it a rule of thumb that the higher is the heel, the higher should be the level of comfort. There is no exception or alternative to this rule.
• The dress- the shoes should look good with the outfit you are wearing. If you are wearing a gown, then you cannot wear pumps or flats; stilettos will be the perfect shoes for it.